Today we are going to explain how to say I love you in Italian. Everyone knows that Italians are very passionate and we are sure that if you have an Italian partner or you would like to have one in the future, some Italian love phrases could be very useful to express your feelings.
First of all, keep in mind that I love you can be translated in two different ways in Italian. If you want to express affection in a friendship context you can say ti voglio bene, whilst in a romantic context we use ti amo. So, be careful when you choose between these two different phrases, otherwise you could be misunderstood! If someone says ti amo or ti voglio bene and you feel the same, you can say anch’io (me too). Have a look at the video presented by our Italian tutors and learn how to say I love you in Italian.
Italian love phrases
Here there are some more Italian love phrases with English translations that you can also practice.
- Mi manchi – I miss you
- Non posso fare a meno di te or Non posso vivere senza di te – I can’t live without you
- Sei la luce dei miei occhi – You are the light of my eyes
- Sei la ragione della mia vita – You are the reason of my life
- Sei l’uomo/la donna dei miei sogni – You are the man/the woman of my dreams
- Sei tutto per me – You are everything to me
- Siamo fatti l’uno per l’altra – We are made for each other
- Sono innamorato perso di te – I’m completely in love with you
- Sono pazzo di te – I’m crazy about you
- Ho una cotta per te – I have a crush on you
- Ti adoro – I adore you
- Ti amerò per sempre – I will always love you
- Ti penso sempre – I’m always thinking about you
- Voglio passare il resto della mia vita con te – I want to spend the rest of my life with you
Now that you know how to say I love you in Italian, why not study more Italian phrases and structures with our Italian tutors? If you want to receive more information about our Italian lessons, please contact us and we will be very happy to tailor an Italian course to your needs.