Are you wondering where to holiday in Italy this summer? Well, today we are going to give you some tips. There are lots of amazing cities in Italy where you can have great time, hanging out with friends, visiting historical landmarks, or sunbathing in its amazing beaches.
WHERE TO HOLIDAY IN ITALY
- Art cities
If you are passionate about art and culture, there are lots of places you can stop by, as for example:
– Rome: One the most fascinating cities in the world. Its historic centre, listed by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site, is full of monuments, churches, archeological sites, including the Coliseum.
– Florence: Located in the Italian region of Tuscany, in central Italy, Florence is considered the cradle of the Renaissance. The most iconic landmark is Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, which includes Giotto’s Campanile.
– Naples: This city, full of historical buildings and monuments, is perfect for those who want to visit an art city but also go to the beach, because of its closeness to the Amalfi Coast.
– Venice: This magical city on the water renowned for its beauty is another fantastic option if you don’t know where to holiday in Italy this summer.
These are only some of the most important cities in Italy. All of them are very famous for their ancient churches, spectacular cathedrals, interesting museums, etc., so we are sure you’ll never get bored there.
- Beaches and coastal cities
Maybe you’re the kind of person for whom the perfect holiday requires a beach and sunbathing. And if you’re wondering where to holiday in Italy, fortunately, there’re lots of coastal towns and cities, where you can relax. The most famous Italian regions for this kind of holidays are:
– Sardinia: This Island, located in the Mediterranean Sea, is definitely your best option if you like white sand beaches and turquoise waters.
– Sicily: A wonderful region to relax, sunbathing and at the same time discover some of the most beautiful baroque cities in Italy.
– Apulia: known as “the heel of the Italian boot” because of its shape, Apulia is another region located in Southern Italy full of gorgeous beaches.
But maybe you are considering the possibility to visit Italy and also learn Italian in an authentic learning environment. So if you are asking yourself where to holiday in Italy, have a look at our Italian courses in Rome, Bologna, Siena, etc. in order to have a full immersion in the Italian language and culture!